Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chasing Zero: preview of a work long in progress

Finally putting the last and finishing chapters into a book that has been on my desk for a decade.  It's a story worth telling, but I'm still unsure if I am up to the task of telling it.  It's very different than much of my other work, but it's certainly a reflection of my long-time love of cyberpunk and sci-fi.  Here's a tiny bit of flavor text from this excersize in madness:

Nora turns over the documents with a wave of dismissal.  “I haven’t been feeling well,” she says.  Her hand stays on the topmost of the papers, as if expecting a sudden phantom wind to disperse her formal musings.  “I’ve never felt secure in putting any of this down, you know.  Old habits and all.” 
Greene inclines her head, for once attempting to agree.  “I can see that,” she says at last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment